VENUE CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT
for John U. Bacon on Thursday, August 26
Dear NWS Friend,
While we’ve been eagerly looking forward to a return to the City Opera House stage for a year and a half, it is with regret that we announce the wait will be a little longer.
After extensive conversations amongst the NWS Board and staff, we have decided to move our event with John U. Bacon on August 26 to the Amphitheater at the Civic Center in Traverse City, out of an abundance of caution.
The Amphitheater at the Civic Center
If you’ve been to a show with our friends at Parallel 45, you know you’re in for a beautiful evening in the great outdoors. Here’s what to expect:
- The Amphitheater is located at 1213 W Civic Center Dr. (closest to the entrance off Titus Street).
- The Amphitheater features open-air seating on the lawn that is first-come, first-served.
- Attendees will need to bring their own seating—stadium chairs, lawn chairs, and blankets are suggested.
- There is ample parking available throughout the Civic Center, and we ask if you are able to park a little farther away and walk, please do so! That will free up the parking lot closest to the Amphitheater for other patrons.
- Restrooms are located across the park.
Limited Tickets Remain
In order to offer social distancing at the Civic Center, we are limiting our capacity for “An Evening with John U. Bacon.” 30 tickets remain available for the event and can be purchased by calling the City Opera House box office at (231) 941-8082. Tickets are $15/person.
The National Writers Series takes the safety of our patrons seriously. Although we will be outdoors, we are recommending the following precautions:
- Please leave 6 feet of space between seating groups
- Masks are not required, but are encouraged and supported
- We ask unvaccinated patrons to tune in via our live stream
- If you have an in-person ticket but do not feel well the day of the show, contact us and we will connect you to the livestream or help you reschedule for a future event.
In the event of inclement weather, we will post a decision 90 minutes before the start of the event on our website, social media, and in an email blast to attendees. You will be notified of upcoming event options or refunds.
If you would like a refund for your in-person ticket, please contact the City Opera House box office at (231) 941-8082. All in-person ticket holders can convert their ticket to a livestream ticket and join the event virtually if they prefer. If you have further questions about the livestream, please contact us at [email protected].