Join the National Writers Series by becoming a Friend!
If you love National Writers Series and want to help us support young writers and deepen our community’s appreciation of the written word, you’ll want to become a Friend of NWS. By becoming a Friend, you support our events and mission through a minimal contribution with big payoffs.
What are the benefits?
- You will be able to purchase tickets to events a week before the general public!
- Invitations to special events and author receptions
- Opportunities to learn about new author guests before the general public
- NEW: Special offers and discounts at select downtown retailers
- Horizon Books: 10% off your entire purchase
- Morsels: 10% off your purchase on NWS event days
- Green Island: Special discount. Details to come.
- NEW: An official NWS membership card
- NEW: NWS bumper sticker
- And of course, the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a difference to young writers through your membership contribution.
How much does it cost?
- Single – $50/year entitles you to purchase up to two (2) tickets during advance purchase weeks
- Family – $100/year entitles you to purchase up to four (4) tickets during advance purchase weeks
How long does my membership last?
You will be a Friend for a year from the date you join.
Three easy ways to purchase:
1. Purchase online. (Credit cards or PayPal)
2. Purchase from the City Opera House box office,
106 E. Front St. Traverse City, MI 49684, 231-941-8082
3. Mail your contribution,
National Writers Series c/o Jill Tewsley
123 West Front St. Traverse City, MI 49686
If I’m not a Friend yet, can I still purchase tickets during advance purchase weeks? As long as you become a Friend during the advance purchase week, you can buy your tickets during that week. You can become a Friend at the same time you purchase your tickets.
For more information, contact Jill Tewsley, Executive Director, (231) 577-6971 or email.